March 8, 2012 1:25 pm
- Robert T. Michael, “Why did the U.S. Divorce Rate Double Within a Decade?” Research in Population 6 (JAI Press, 1988) 361-399; see also his “Determinants of Divorce,” Sociological Economics ed. by Louis Levy-Garboua (London: SAGE Publications, 1979) 223-254 and his “The Rise in Divorce Rates, 1960-1974: Age-specific Components”, Demography 15:2 (May 1978) 177-182.
- Dr. Edward Peters, “Contraception and Divorce: Insights from American Annulment Cases”
February 22, 2012 8:19 pm
Welcome to the blog of Janet E. Smith, where you will find information, articles, commentary and resources to help you understand the Catholic Church’s teaching on sexuality and ethics.
Be sure to visit regularly to check for new content!
Drew Mariani interviews Professor Smith on Relevant Radio about the HHS Mandate and truch about contraception.
- Google “unwed pregnancy”
- “Sexual Behavior and Select Health Measures: Men and Women 15-44 Years of age, United State, 2002” by William D. Mosher, PhD., Anjani Chandra, Ph.D., and Jo Jones, Ph.D., Division of Vital Statistics.
- “Changing Patterns of Nonmarital Childbearing in the United States“ by Stephanie J. Ventura, M.A., Division of Vital Statistics.
- “Births: Preliminary Data for 2003” by Brady E.Hamilton, Ph.D.; Joyce A Martin, M.P.H.; and Paul D.Sutton, Ph.D., Division of Vital Statistics (November 2004).
- “Nonmarital Childbearing in the United States, 1940–99” by Stephanie J. Ventura, M.A., Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, and Christine A. Bachrach, Ph.D., National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (October 18, 2000).
- I have a talk Hormones R’ US
- Dawn Eden, “The Thrill of the Chaste“
- Lionel Tiger, “The Decline of Males“
- Jennifer Roback Morse, “Smart Sex“
- Anonymous, “Unprotected“
- Francis Fukuyama, “The Great Disruption“
- Chris and Linda Padgett, “Not Ready for Marriage, Not Ready for Sex: One Couple’s Return to Chastity“
- Fletcher Doyle, “Natural Family Planning Blessed Our Marriage: 19 True Stories“
- S. Joseph Tham, “The Missing Cornerstone: Reasons Why Couples Choose Natural Family Planning“
- Robert E. Rector, Kirk A. Johnson, Ph.D., Lauren R. Noyes, Shannan Martin, “Harmful Effects of Early Sexual Activity and Multiple Sexual Partners Among Women: A book of Charts”
- The Heritage Foundation has lots of good material. I recommend the work of Patrick Fagan.
- Google “government statistics”
- National Center for Health Statistics
- The Heritage Foundation
- Family Research Council
- The Marriage Project